Accounts/Audit Senior - Leeds
Department : SME
Closing date: 30 June 2021 (All day)
Job reference: Accounts/Audit Senior
Hentons is a top 100 Accountancy firm with offices in Leeds, London, Sheffield, York and Thirsk. We have a national client base, but our local knowledge means we can offer clients a personalised service tailored to their needs.
The Accounts/Audit Senior will be a member of the SME Department based in our Leeds office and will report to the SME Manager. They will be responsible for delivering a range of statutory audit and accounting assignments. This role involves planning and facilitating the performance of statutory audits, accounts preparation to review stage and provision of other accounting services to a high standard.
Salary is negotiable depending on experienceJob responsibilities:
- Preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships, and companies
- VAT returns
- Corporation tax returns
- Perform audit testing on financial statements as part of a team, on an audit assignment
- Leading small audits when required
- Management accounts
- Bookkeeping using computerized accounts software
- Other ah-hoc assignments
Knowledge Skills, Competencies and Work Experience Requirements:
- ACA/ACCA qualified, part qualified or qualified by experience
- Audit experience with ability to lead small audits preferable but not essential
- Preparation of year-end accounts and corporation tax returns
- Client facing experience
- Multi-client portfolio experience
- Experience with cloud based bookkeeping systems
- Good numeracy and IT skills
- Problem solving
- Strong written and spoken English
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional and approachable manner
- Ambitious, confident and want to progress
- Team player
- Good time management
To apply, click the below button and email your CV and Covering letter HR@Hentons.com