Assistant Accountant - Leeds Office
Department : SME
Closing date: 30 April 2021 (All day)
Job reference: Assistant Accountant- SME - Leeds
Hentons is a National Chartered Accountancy, Tax Specialist and Advisory Firm, with offices in Leeds, Sheffield, York, Thirsk and London. Hentons focusses on helping its clients maximise on opportunities, create sustainable and profitable businesses, and build financial security by offering expert advice.
We are recruiting an Assistant Accountant to work within our growing SME department. The role will primarily be to support with the processing, reconciliation, and production of the accounts for a portfolio of clients.
The role will cover a number of companies across various industries so a strong experience in an outsourced environment would be favourable, but not essential. Our team heavily focusses on a digital and paperless working environment so experience with systems such as receipt bank and xero are preferred.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly management information
- Handling accounts payable and receivables
- Payment Runs
- VAT Returns
- Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Bookkeeping Reviews
- Bank and other Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Maintaining company ledgers
- Projects and System implementations
Skills and Qualifications (Desired):
- Experience with cloud-based systems and add-ons
- Multi-Client portfolio experience
- Basic experience of Year Ends and Tax
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Communication both written and oral
- AAT qualified or finance related degree (minimum)
To apply, click the below button and email your CV and Covering letter HR@Hentons.com.