Autumn Statement Summary – November 2022
November 21, 2022
On Thursday 17th November, the Chancellor, Jeremy Hunt, unveiled his Autumn Statement to the House of Commons. As predicted, it included a number of tax rises and spending cuts, as well as increases to the minimum wage, benefits and pensions.
The main measures included:
- Increase to the minimum wage
- Increase to state pension payments, means-tested benefits and disability benefits.
- Top 45% additional rate of income tax band lowered
- Income tax personal allowance and higher rate thresholds frozen
- Main National Insurance and inheritance tax thresholds frozen
- Tax-free allowances for dividend and capital gains tax to be cut
You can read a summary of all the measures in the Autumn Statement in our Autumn Statement Summary
Our team is always on hand to offer advice and support. If you would like to speak to a member of the team or have a specific query, then Contact Us today.
: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/customer/www/hentons.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/hentons/single.php
on line 35