Charities Accountancy Services
Hentons Charity Accountants
Our specialist team has a detailed knowledge of the latest legislation governing the sector and will ensure that your accounting and reporting meet the latest regulatory requirements and complies with the latest SORP.
We appreciate that as a charity or not-for-profit organisation (NPO) your charitable aims and ethos come before profit. With years of experience within this pressurised sector, we are up to date with the latest legislation and work with you at every level to make sure your organisation is operating to the best of its ability.
Our expert tax advisors for the charity sector can help the following:
Start-up charities: Thinking of setting up a new charity? We can establish your purposes and guide you through the legal requirements.
Clubs and Associations: Local community association gaining popularity? Our payroll service could ease the pressure on paying employees and associated tax compliance.
Developing charities: Where next for your organisation? We can analyse your accounts to uncover areas which you can improve and capitalise on.
Established charities: In need of up-to-date reporting? We can conduct in depth accounts and auditing that complies with the Charities Act 2011.
How we help
- Strategic planning and financial advice: From charity business plans, to succession and exit strategies.
- Budgets: Managing assets and resources.
- Annual accounts, trustee reports, management accounts: Accurate and invaluable data from your accounts to work out how to meet your charitable aims.
- Tax: Advice and planning, including donations and gift aid, to limit your tax liability.
- HR and payroll: Assistance with employee regulations and PAYE responsibilities.
- VAT returns: Ensure you comply with HMRC rules.
Get in touch with us to discuss your query with one of our accountants in London, Leeds, York, Sheffield or Thirsk.