Tax Manager - Leeds
Department : Tax
Closing date: 30 November 2021 (All day)
Job reference: Tax Manager
Hentons is a top 100 Accountancy firm with offices in Leeds, London, Sheffield, York and Thirsk. We have a national client base, but our local knowledge means we can offer clients a personalised service tailored to their needs.
We work with individuals and owner managed businesses supporting them with Tax Returns and Self-Assessment.
The Tax Manager is responsible for overseeing the team in the completion of individual and partnership tax returns and will actively engage in monitoring the performance of the tax team and assisting with training and improvement.
Salary is negotiable depending on experienceJob responsibilities:
- Proactively manage your own client allocation of personal tax cases.
- Review tax work with a view to maintaining high standards.
- Analyse team performance with a view to identifying training needs.
- Engage with the training and development of tax team members.
- Monitor team performance & profitability.
- Assist Partner Group and Tax Compliance Director on ad hoc projects as required.
Skills and qualifications:
- Motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments to deadlines.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of management experience in a practice environment in an income tax compliance role.
- Broad exposure to income tax compliance issues and knowledge of tax regulations.
- Excellent project management, analytical, IT and communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
- Professionalism, dependability, and integrity combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- ATT qualified as a minimum, but CTA qualification would be preferred. We would consider an excellent ‘qualified by experience’ candidate.
- Experience in dealing with NHS Superannuation issues would be an advantage.
To apply, click the below button and email your CV and Covering letter email@example.com